The Australian Government has announced on 11 March 2020 that travel restrictions will be introduced for travellers arriving from Italy. Staff and students who are excluded from a school or workplace are those who departed from or transited through:
- China within the last 14 days
- Iran within the last 14 days commencing 1 March 2020
- Republic of Korea (South Korea) commencing 5 March 2020
- Italy commencing 11 March 11
- have been diagnosed with the COVID-19
- have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 infection.